The white T-shirt has so much versatility, and it doesn’t have to be reserved only for Saturday morning errands. Sometimes styling a basic is the best way to make a statement, and it’s always a good idea to have core items in your closet that are quick to put together and pair well with a number of other pieces. As an Indianapolis Personal Shopper, I recommend including a plain white t-shirt in your capsule wardrobe. You’ll be so surprised at how versatile it can be!
How To Wear The White T-Shirt From An Indianapolis Personal Shopper
Before we discuss the really cool basic shirt, let’s talk about the ones you have. From season to season, white shirts can lose their crispness, color and even show stains or tears. If your T is less than fresh-looking, use it for cleaning rags or other purposes. Don’t keep wearing it. That is the first rule: Make sure your T’s are “wardrobe worthy.”
5 Different Ways To Style Your White T-Shirt
Now, on to the good stuff: The white T-shirt is the epitome of a basic. In this blog post, we’ll look at five different ways to style the tee. Plus, as a bonus, you’ll find white T-shirt product recommendations at the end. The reason this Indianapolis Personal Shopper loves white t-shirts is that they transcend seasons and dress code. Hopefully, these tips will give you some inspiration for showing that little white tee some love:
- Wear the white tee under a plaid or printed blazer. Dress it up with suit pants or keep it business casual with jeans. The same can be done with the shoes. Think of a bright or printed high heel or flat to keep it interesting and fresh. Here is a bright orangey-red tailored blazer that pairs well with the white T-shirt
- Add a T-shirt under a sleeveless or spaghetti strap jumpsuit or dress. This is great for extending those summery pieces into fall. Here’s a casual option in a great green color at Target.
- Couple it with a colorful skirt. This tired flouncy skirt at Loft is very much on trend this season and adds a feminine touch and add a little bit of femininity to a basic look.
- Pair the T-shirt with statement jewelry. On-trend right now are bright, bold clay earrings. In jewelry, the bigger the better, and the polymer clay material is actually lightweight. So lightweight, that you may forget you’re even wearing earrings! If heavy earrings make you feel uncomfortable, these are a great alternative. Etsy is a wonderful source for clay earrings, as many independent artisans sell their wares on the site. Here’s a fun, patterned pair.
- Add a white tee to leggings and accessorize to kick your athleisure up a notch. A favorite is the faux leather option from Spanx. You can really alter the shoes and add an outer layer to take this from casual to glam. Consider adding a military jacket or vest with sneakers and you have a travel outfit that is both comfortable and chic.
Indianapolis Personal Shopper’s Tips For Picking The Best White T-Shirts
Not all white tees are created equal. Here are a few recommendations to help you pull off the looks mentioned above.
- Crew Neck Tee – the basic of basics! Limited-time deal: Lark & Ro Women’s Pima Cotton T-Shirt: Crew Neck & V-Neck on Amazon.
- Madewell Baby Tee – the lettuce hem in the sleeves and bottom give it a little something extra. Sweet and simple!
- The bodysuit – a great choice to pair with the flouncy skirt or dress pants. MANGOPOP’s Women’s Round Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirts Basic Bodysuits is a great way to always have your white t-shirt tight and tucked, and always looking great.
- Best V-neck – with more the 25K reviews and four-and-a-half stars, this two-pack tee gives you the option of picking different color combos. Find them on Amazon.
How Can I Get an Indianapolis Personal Shopper To Pick Out Clothes For Me?
Retail sales were down in 2020, for obvious reasons. People had nowhere to go, so they had no reason to shop. But now, malls are springing back to life and everyone is looking to update their wardrobes. If you want to update your wardrobe the right way, with confidence that you’ll look great, contact me, Indianapolis Personal Shopper Beth Divine for a color consult and style analysis. We can go shopping together, or I can do the shopping for you! Either way, you’ll love your look in a new style for 2021.
Keep it sassy, Indy.
Beth Divine, MA, AICI-CIC
Image Consultant and Personal Stylist & Indianapolis Personal Shopper