It’s June in Indiana, and that means some hot, humid days. I reach for cotton shorts, skirts and dresses, and shun jeans until fall. As I change my wardrobe, I also am switching up my makeup. Here are some change I like to make:
– I am always use a sunblock or a moisturizer with at least 30 SPF. I know I am getting sun, even when I am not sitting out tanning. (You even get sun when you are driving!).
– I try to wear my sunglasses religiously, year round, but I always wear them in the summer–even when I am getting out of the car for a short errand. I stash extra pairs in bags and my husband’s car, so I don’t have an excuse for not wearing them.
– I like use self-tanner every day, combining it with moisturizer. I tan as much as I used to, and Jergen’s Natural Glow line really does the job!
– I cut back on the foundation and wear a darker shade. I am loving Nars Naked Skin Beauty Balm broad spectrum SPF 20 this summer. The minute I put it on my face it gives me some nice, light summer color.
– I am using leave-in conditioners in my hair. The summer dries out your hair! I like to use It’s a 10 leave-in conditioner (also like 10’s shampoo and conditioners) as well as Caviar CC cream and even some spray in oil. Dove has one I want to try. I also don’t try my hair all the way and give the blow dryer a rest in the summer.
– Summer is when I use lip balm day and night. One of my favorites is by Merle Norman and is a lip conditioner with 15 FPS. It is clear and buttery rich. When I want color, I like Maybelline’s Baby Lips in a variety of colors.
– I keep blotting cloths and transparent powder in my purse for touch ups. You are going to perspire, ladies, but sop up the oil when you can! A little glow is fine, though, right.